Thursday 11 November 2010

My herding life




Hi, here am I again! Herding is something strange in southamerica. First of all, most agility dogs are not allowed to do herding, because their owners (most of them the top handlers), think they will ruin the potential in agility.... (And herding dog, just do herding, mostly with New Zealand's techniques).

Of course I am not those kind of dog; at my house those strange southamerican human beings think quite diffrent. When I was 2 years old I was presented to sheep, in a course for farmers (yes, they are totally crazy, why not choosing a course with people from the city? i have a hard life!!). There was I, in an embarrassing situation, the male dog with long hair with two women from the city, and over there lots of farmer and their dogs, all of my gender!!!
They all, begun to laugh about my long hair, and how much shampoo my owners put on me. And there, they were ... explaining that my last bath was in germany, except the beach's bath... At that moment I wished to have gone with rude men, but it wasn't the case...
Fortunately, we got in action soon.... as I 've already explained who were with me, it is not strange to imagine, that the farmers have asked them to ask me to do things different from the others...As they learned later (lots of months later), those were tasks for an experimented border collie.
The result: Each time they asked me to do something, they stopped talking, they did not even laugh, ..... they were just watching....
of course, each time the trainer said something to her, it was "let the dog work, he has the reason... you were wrong"...
And that's me :)))
My image is still a quite good one because, of course, they still didn't see me with my loofa in my mouth!!!!!!!!